Westox Case Studies
Westox Cocoon is a superior product specifically designed to extract salts from buildings to aid the restoration process and has restored some of the most well-known global heritage buildings. See our global map below to find out where Westox Cocoon has been used.
Some global restorations with Westox Cocoon:
- The Duomo, Pisa
- St Marks Basilica, Venice
- Palazza Minotto Venice, Italy
- The Glasmuseum, Quedlinburg
- Castle and Schloss Sanssouci, Germany
- The Governor’s Mansion, Suffolk House and the Old Court House, Penang Malaysia
- Fort Denison and St Mary’s Cathedral
Westox Cocoon has been extensively tested with the University of Florence, the University of Venice, Edilvenezia Venice, and the Instituto Per La Conservazione E La Valorizzazione Dei Beni Culturali (ICVBC) Florence, Italy.
Westox continue to develop and refine products and systems for the conservation of heritage artifacts, and look forward to being able to pass on knowledge and contribute to the preservation of heritage landmarks throughout the world.
Westox Cocoon poultice is an innovative breakthrough desalination product designed to remove accumulated corrosive salt from masonry of all types including sandstone, concrete and brickwork. This is a world patented water based, non-toxic, 100% environmentally friendly, non-destructive repair system providing a cost-efficient method for addressing:
- Salt Damp and Salt Attack on traditional sandstone and masonary
- Rising Damp
- Reinforced Concrete degradation
- Concrete Cancer and Spalling
Westox Cocoon Case Studies
Elizabeth Farm - Australia
Palazzo Minotto - Venice
Skibo Castle - Scotland